Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Journey


Journey: an act or instance of traveling from one place to another
Pilgrim: one who journeys in foreign lands; one who travels to a holy place as a devotee
(Merriam-Webster.com)

I am a pilgrim on a journey. Thanks to God fearing parents, I was born a pilgrim on a journey. I, of course, had to eventual choose this journey for myself, but I was blessed to be pointed down the right road from the start. My journey consists of two elements...the destination: Heaven...and a closer relationship with my Savior who created Heaven: Jesus.

Seeing as this is a journey I am on, I must never become content with my present "location", my present "location" is and will never be my destination. Until I stand face to face with the one who created me I should be constantly moving, changing, and growing. Life is a journey, not a destination.

In the same instance I find peace in this. Nothing that life sends my way is permanent, because life is not permanent. (James 4:14, psalms 90:12)

As a pilgrim, if I look around at my surroundings and am not touched and concerned with what I see, or perhaps even find myself taking part in it, I should question myself as to if I have begun to assimilate and quickly correct my focus. (Psalm 9:20)

I believe in God's divine will for every pilgrim's life. That means all pilgrims have the same destination, but different journeys to reach that destination. Every commandment and promise in the Bible applies to each of them the same, it's just that it's a big world, and there are different people whose paths God desires each pilgrim's life to cross, so that they too may have the chance to join the journey.

Also, we are all at different stages of our journey in drawing closer to Jesus, and this is ok, the important thing is that we are not sidetracked and still have our eyes on the right road. Don't look at the road God has assigned for your neighbor or the gifts and talents he may have given them that you may feel you are lacking in. Your journey is your journey, He knew what you would need for it before you even began it. (Jeremiah 1:5, Psalm 139:13-16)

I am a pilgrim on a journey....a pilgrim hoping that sharing what God reveals to me on my journey will help in your journey as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment