Saturday, December 26, 2009

A New Year...



When I started this blog earlier this year I wasn't sure who, if anyone, would end up reading it. All I knew was God was speaking to me, showing me things I had never understood, or realized before, and that maybe, just maybe, others could also benefit from what I was learning as well.

Blogging like this is not always easy. Sometimes, in order to write about certain subjects of which I might feel to write, I have to be more transparent than I would otherwise normally desire to be. However, over the last few months I have had various people...from family, to friends, to acquaintances, to complete strangers comment regarding various things they have read and encourage me not to stop writing. I now see that what started out as me feeling a subtle tug from God to do something with all the thoughts crowding my head has turned into an opportunity to minister to others. I am thankful for this and look forward to sharing this coming year with you as well!

I plan to also change things up a bit, maybe sometimes writing a little more "blog like" rather than "devotional like". I feel only one side of me has been shown thus far through this blog, and it has been a side even some people who know me personally may not have been familiar with. In general, I am a bubbly,outgoing, yet randomly timid person who loves to laugh and find enjoyment in the small things in life. I never meet a stranger (trait adopted from my Dad no doubt) and try my best to be a person who welcomes both advice & criticism equally. I have a huge heart, which sometimes seems like a good thing & other times like a bad thing. I have amazing friends and family both near and far..soon to be mostly far. This saddens me; but I also welcome the opportunity to develop new friendships with new people of which I haven't been blessed to know yet.

In the past, some of you have felt to email me for advice or requesting prayer for certain situations you may be facing. Feel free to continue to do so. I may not always have an answer for you, but I am definitely always willing to join you in prayer.

This next year is going to be a major adventure. New place. New people. New Challenges. I welcome you to join me while continuing this Journey called life...the Pilgrim way.

May God bless you & yours abundantly in the year to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment