Monday, November 8, 2010

The Battlefield


The Shortest Distance between a Problem and it’s Solution is the Distance between your Knees and the Floor.


I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. ~Abraham Lincoln

Recently I was talking with a friend, doing my best to console her. As I kept my arm wrapped around her while she continued to weep and pour her heart out, my heart too was breaking. Life in shambles. Problem that seems hopeless. As her friend I wanted so badly to have the perfect solution...just that perfect amount of super glue to fix the problem right up. But I didn't. No one does. No one that is but God.

As I sat their hopelessly, watching my friend in such extreme emotional pain, hating herself and life in general, all I could say was "God can fix this" and "I'm going to be praying." Why, when I know how much meaning those words hold, does it still sometimes seem so frivolous when I say them? It almost felt like mockery for those words to be all I had to offer in light of the situation.

But, then I thought of the power behind those words when put in action. I thought of all the marriages I have seen healed. All the people I have seen delivered from cancer. All the bad situations I have seen God turn around and completely restore....then I was reminded of the true power of prayer. And how my prayers ARE the best thing I can ever offer someone.

Prayer is a battlefield. Prayer is where the battle is won or lost. If you don't fight, you don't win. It's that simple. The best part is we do very little; it's God who actually does the fighting. We are simply to call on Him, stand still, and trust Him.

"And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace." ~Exodus 14:13-14

I go to war on my knees,
It's not flesh and blood I battle,
but principalities.
I'm fighting for my loved ones,
and my family.
So, with my face before God,
I go to war on my knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment