Friday, August 14, 2009

The Waiting Room


Lately I have been thinking a lot about God's timing, and decisions such as when to move and when to stand still. I feel like I'm in a waiting room and I'm not completely sure what I'm waiting for. I could be chilled out, relaxing, while listening to the radio, napping, or watching a movie...but instead I'm sitting on the edge of my seat, twiddling my thumbs, staring at the door. When that door opens I'll jump up, grab my bag and take off...but, for now...I am waiting. I hate waiting. Today I stumbled onto a few interesting websites dealing with this subject. I don't necessarily agree with everything stated, but to the most part, they are enlightening and definately worth the read:

Waiting 1

Waiting 2

Isaiah 40:31 - But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Isaiah 40:27-31 (The Message)
Why would you ever complain, O Jacob,
or, whine, Israel, saying,
"God has lost track of me.
He doesn't care what happens to me"?
Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening?
God doesn't come and go. God lasts.
He's Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath.
And he knows everything, inside and out.
He energizes those who get tired,
gives fresh strength to dropouts.
For even young people tire and drop out,
young folk in their prime stumble and fall.
But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don't get tired,
they walk and don't lag behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment